October, 25th 2017
October is Breast Cancer awareness Month. Bienville Medical Proudly Support our relationship with Partners in Wellness for free mammograms year round.
Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point.
The good news is that most women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early. A mammogram – the screening test for breast cancer – can help find breast cancer early when it’s easier to treat.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a chance to raise awareness about the importance of early detection of breast cancer. Make a difference! Spread the word about mammograms and encourage communities, organizations, families, and individuals to get involved.
How can National Breast Cancer Awareness Month make a difference?
We can use this opportunity to spread the word about steps women can take to detect breast cancer early.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Ask doctors and nurses to speak to women about the importance of getting screened for breast cancer.
- Encourage women ages 40 to 49 to talk with their doctors about when to start getting mammograms.
- Organize an event to talk with women ages 50 to 74 in your community about getting mammograms every 2 years.
Take action to increase awareness about breast cancer and breast cancer screenings.
- Display posters about breast cancer screening in your organization’s break room.
- Ask health professionals from your local hospital or clinic to share information about mammograms and early detection with your employees or members.
- Distribute materials about breast cancer screening at a local health fair.
- Partner with local women’s organizations, community groups, and senior centers to reach women ages 40 and older with important information on breast cancer screening.
- Host a breast cancer walk with your organization’s members.
We at Bienville Medical Center believe awareness to the early detection of breast cancer is the key to being a survivor not a statistic that is why we offer free mammogram screenings through Partners in Wellness. Please call and schedule your appointment today at 1-800-562-4523.